Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm Tired....Bored....Sick....Annoyed.....Have a Nice Day

I'm having sleeping issues.  I'll have insomnia and barely sleep for two or three days, then sleep around the clock for a couple of days.  This is wreaking havoc with my life--I'm not able to be productive in any way, shape or form.  This is especially frustrating because I recently started a bunch of projects.  It makes me wonder if I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself.

I'm reading a very interesting book titled "Finding Your Own North Star."  The basic goal of the book is to help the reader discover where their true passion and joy in life lie, and help them get to the point where they are in touch with said passions and living in line with the desires of their hearts.  All I can say is that this book is really pointing out to me is the fact that I'm very, very far from living in that state.  The things that have always brought me joy--music, art, friends, playing games, singing...I'm sadly lacking in these departments.  I'm not even sure how my life has become the sad place it is right now...I'm excited to read the rest of the book, and it will hopefully help me begin to try to get my ducks in a row.  (Btw, Jill, I know you're reading this...please forgive the injudicious use of ellipses.  I can't help it.)

My little Avon business is going pretty well. I plan to start trying to get some organizations to run fundraisers. This will be great, because not only is it a good way to earn decent money, I'll also be helping people.  Win/win.

Now for the pet peeve of my post (I think I'll start putting a pet peeve in each post.  God know I've got enough of 'em.)

Those of you who know me IRL know I've got some fairly serious health issues.  I absolutely hate having my life revolve around doctors, meds, illness, lab tests, etc.  I go to the doctor as often as I absolutely have to, but no more.  I went to see my primary care physician last week, and got verbally spanked for not coming to see her earlier.  "Why?" you may ask.  It seems that with the new Obama health takeover, the government now keeps track of how often "seriously ill" people are seen by their doctors (I don't consider myself THAT ill.) Every month my doctor is getting a letter about me, asking if I've been seen by her, and advising her to make sure I'm all right. I do get Medicare insurance because I'm disabled, along with my regular health insurance, so I understand that the government does know my bizness. But I'm just really surprised that healthcare is being micromanaged to that extent. I hadn't seen my pc for 5 months, but I've been in the hospital twice in that time period, so I've had plenty of doctorin' IMO.  Now my doctor is insisting that I have a home health nurse come to my house twice a week to do vitals, and a PT is coming twice a week....I'm sorry, but I've got stuff to do!  Plus,I don't NEED this stuff.  It's a waste of time and money.  What do you all think?  Leave a comment!

Happy Thursday :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you obligated to accept the home nurse etc.? If not, then I think it's nice that your doctor is checking up on you. I'm not a huge fan of the health reform (I think it didn't go nearly far enough), but this sounds like a great idea to me. There are probably lots of people who used to slip through the cracks. Now at least someone is checking on them periodically.

    I do think the patient should be able to choose whether or not to use the services. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case though. Patients can check themselves out of hospitals or refuse treatment against their doctors orders if they wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested to hear how other people with chronic and/or serious illnesses feel about this. Are you getting calls from your doctors, and if so, do you resent it or appreciate it?

    ReplyDelete